Thursday, February 21, 2008

Shameless Bragging

As if that's not what I do everytime I write in this blog...

Celeste got her school report card - and it was the Kindergarten equivalent of straight A's. What I found most remarkable among many good things is that her teacher commented that she puts Celeste with the kids who need extra help because she is very patient with them. Not only did Mrs. Margo write that in her report card, but she took me aside and told me. She also said that Celeste is not only very pretty and girly, but that she is also very athletic and likes to "go for it!"

*****

So today, we are waiting while Celeste is having her gymnastics class. It is a LONG hour. Emme is bored, so I suggest that we play a clapping game. You may know which one: "I had a little sister, her name is sister Sue. I put her in the bathtub, to see what she would do..." and so on.

At first, we clap slowly so that Emme can get the rhythm of the game. Then suddenly, she gets it! We are clapping quickly to the beat of the song. This is not easy for a 4 year old! I am so impressed.:-)

Then Emme wants to play another game. Okay - so I suggest an obscure one: "I love my love with an "A" because he is Adorable. Emme's turn: I love my love with a "B" because she is a Baby. We take turns going through the alphabet all the way to Z. At first Emme needs some help. When she gets to "F" she has to whisper the alphabet to see what comes next (a,b,c,d,e,F!). She also needs help with some letters like K - Kandy or G - Gump - But she gets it! I am so impressed and praise her so much that she asks to play it over and over until Celeste joins us.

On the way home from gymnastics we play "I love my love" again and again. The girls get so good at it that they come up with lines like: "I love my love with an 'L' because she Likes to Lick Lollipops!"

I love my girls with an "S" because they are So Smart!

No comments: