Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Conversations in the Minnie Van part 2

Celeste: "So Mommy, did you really work in the city?"

Me: "Yes"

Celeste: "Was it pretty?"

Me: "Yes. It was very pretty. I worked in the financial district. The buildings are beautiful there."

Celeste: "Was it noisy?"

Me: "Yes."

Celeste: "And then you went to Iowa where it's nice and quiet and met Daddy. Right?"

Me: "No."

Celeste: "How did you meet Daddy, then?"

***
I give the girls a quick synopsis of my first blind date with Bruce and how it was set up. I stick in lots of details - things I know they'll enjoy - like what he wore, what I wore... things like that.
***

Me: ...and that's how I met Daddy.

Emme: How did you meet us?

Celeste: (laughing heartily) Emme! Mommy didn't MEET us! She MADE us!

Emme: Ohhhh...Mommy, how did you make us?

3 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Haha!!! They always seem to stump us, don't they?

Mari said...

ROFL...well?? What did ya say?

Monica said...

I told them, "well, one night, daddy and I had a lot of fun...."