Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sunshine and Hello Kitty

I made three sets last week. I have had them listed since the 27th. I ended up calling the mermaid set "Atomica: Queen of the Pacific". I thought that was a pretty cool name. Celeste and Emme would totally approve. Funny I have not yet run it by them.

My Hello Kitty set was the first in this particular series. It was my first try at the Euro pattern Cara. The Cara pattern can be a little tricky at first. Especially if you're a cocky seamstress who thinks she knows it all as I am. I tried to skip through some steps without reading the directions carefully and had to back up a couple of times. It came out beautiful. It must have, because Mari took some awesome closeups. To me, that means she liked it. You can find this auction here.




This picture makes me happy. Mari took this closeup for the bows, but I love it so much that I have it in my listing. This beautiful child could sell a potato sack to the most discriminating customer. Loreen of LoreenJane made the perfect bows to match my fabric swatches quick as a wink - She was a joy to collaborate with. You can find her auction here.

Finally, my last dress - my all time favorite design - mine. It's a "Monica" as my friend Dominique would say. I really didn't think this would get any bids, but I made it because I liked the fabric and thought it deserved the royal treatment. Luckily, it even has some watchers too. That tells me I should always go against my grain and not be so conservative anymore. They like it! They really really like it! Believe me, I have thrown some bombs up there that have had nary a watcher, so I am thrilled right now.

Here it is:



Yes, that's my delicate little princess at 7:30 in the morning, freezing her petunias while I, in my ski cap and parka shoot away. She's such a good sport. Well, she did complain once, teeth chattering - "Mommy, can you make something with sleeves next time?"
"Just smile and pose!" I bark.

You've already seen my mermaid set "Atomica: Queen of the Pacific" (nice ring to it, I think). So the last visual treat I have for my blogging friends is this:



This delightful necklace is by Cecelia of Mon Ami Jewelry. She custom matched it to my "You are my Sunshine" dress. You can check out all of her listings including an amazing --I wish I could buy it but everyone would think I was shilling-- necklace called "Precious". OMG I really really like it. Here are Cecelia's listings.

Not sewing this weekend. Off to other creative pursuits such as cooking. I'm having a small playdate at my house with a couple of Celeste's friends and their families. Hopefully Vanessa and Fam will come too. I'm looking forward to it and going all out cooking a feast of bbq ribs and fried chicken with all the fixin's. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Mari said...

We LOVE it Monica!! YOU are our FAVORITE and always will be.