Friday, March 21, 2008

The Bathroom (again)

We keep Brooke's crib in our bedroom. It's nice, because I can hear her breathing at night. Even after having successfully kept 2 other children alive so far, I still worry.

Still, it's pretty inconvenient for obvious and not so obvious reasons. The one I'm talking about right now is using my en suite bathroom. Doesn't that sound nice? "En suite". It's really a tiny closet of a bathroom that is attached to my bedroom. I like it because it has a commode, a sink and a shower. It's small, but everything works and that's all right with me.

What I do in the morning is: 1. roll out of bed - 2. make lunch, dress the girls and drive them to school - 3. come home, make coffee, feed Brooke, drink coffee, skip breakfast - 4. Put Brooke down for a nap.

Notice I skipped the shower. The best time to take a shower is during Brooke's nap. But I can't take one while she is napping because I'll wake her up. Her crib is right next to my en suite water closet.

Therefore, I take my shower in the Rubber Ducky Bathroom. That's Celeste and Emme's bathroom. It's bigger, but it's not my bath, so I haven't taken over it. I take my shower, clean up and leave. It's as if no one was ever there.

Until...
Yesterday, I was getting the girls ready for a bath. I started the water running while they got undressed. When Emme stepped into the bath, her eyes and mouth opened wide. She gasped.



"Mommy!" She exclaimed. "Somebody came into our house while we were gone and took a bath in our tub! The rubber duckies are moved and LOOK! The grownup shampoo bottle is empty!"

Never once did she think it could have been me.

3 comments:

Mari said...

HA! I LOVE the picture that goes with the story!! Monica, what a fun life you have! I wish I could spend a day in your house!

Isabel Inspired Designs said...

LOL, what a sweet story and the pic is priceless!
I tagged you, go check out my blog for more info:)

Lula Bee said...

This is so funny, because I too have a small master bathroom that I can never use so I end up showering in the Rubber Ducky bathroom. My husband works a lot of night shifts so after the kids are at school I have to use the Duck Bath so I don't wake him up. So really HE is the only one that uses the master bath! Sad!

Allison