Friday, October 26, 2007

What WON'T Go Into My Blog

This is what I'm NOT going to put in my blog:

Last night after I put the girls to bed, Celeste calls out "Mom, Emme's got a bloody nose!" This frustrates me because Celeste and Emme had been picking on eachother and I thought Emme had picked her own nose to get some attention.

I said, "Emme. Were you picking your nose to make it bleed?" She denied it, but I wasn't sure whether to believe her or not. Just in case she WAS picking her nose, I wanted to drive home the point that she should not do it.

"Emme, if you pick your nose, your nostrils will stretch out and become
big like an ape's."

"Okay Mommy." Emme says quietly.

Celeste, who had been listening to my lecture, asked, "Mommy, did you do that?"

"Do what, Sweetie?"

"Pick your nose?" She looks worried.

I am stunned. "You think MY nostrils are big?"

Celeste nods solemnly. "Yes, Mommy, did you pick your nose to make your nostrils big like that?"

omg - I was rolling on the floor laughing so hard because she looked
so worried. I'll bet that kid NEVER picks her nose - ever!!!

But I'll never put THAT on my blog. Tooo embarassing!

4 comments:

Mari said...

I want a close up pic of those notsrils!! I'll be the judge! ROFL

You crack me up....LOL

Monica said...

Girl, you've SEEN me in person! you know they are not big like an ape's! See? this is what I get for putting in this entry!!

Vanessa and Company said...

So much for keeping that story under wraps...LOL!!

Monica said...

yeah, I know. I did it in penance because Emme wasn't picking her nose after all. The doc says it's common in this weather.