Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cute Kid

This evening as we were getting ready for bed, Emme pulled out a carpenter's tape measure. I had been using it earlier to measure some things. She must have picked it up from where I had placed it and hidden it in her room.

The industrial strength measuring tool looked huge in her dimpled 4 year old hands. As I stood wondering what she was going to do with it, she placed it at my feet.

"Mama, let me see how old you are." She said pulling and pushing the yellow metal tape out trying to reach my head.

"How old am I?" I asked.

She looked up at the top of the tape as high as she could see.

"Hmmm...two...no, that's not right."

She looked down at the bottom of the tape. She counted.

"Eighteen Mama. You're eighteen o'clock."

2 comments:

Vanessa and Company said...

I wish I was still 18 o'clock...!
That is a completely deliciously cute little kid!!!

Holly Stocke said...

Too funny! I tell Peyton that I am 25, so when strangers ask how old she is, she says, "Two. Mama is 25." I just smile & nod.