Friday, December 7, 2007

Music To My Ears

Every morning, when we get in the car...okay every TIME we get in the car, the first thing Emme says is "Music Please!" So I'll push the button and Laurie Berkner, The Wiggles, Barbie, or whoever will sing their songs for our enjoyment.

This morning, I was not in the mood for cheerful lyrics. We were an hour late going to school, because I had had some food poisoning type problems at 4am this morning. In spite of my gastric woes, I managed to dress the girls and hand them a breakfast of toast and butter to eat in the Minnie Van.

"Music please!" Emme predictably stated.

"No music." said I.

"Why not?"

"Because I prefer to hear the sound of you crunching toast." I said sincerely.

"Oh man!" Emme moaned. "I prefer music."

2 comments:

Mari said...

LOL...Chloe LOVES her music in our mini van! I turn it on to save my insanity, otherwise she would talk my ear off!!

Monica said...

LOLOL! Me too! - and when they start talking OVER the music, I turn it off, boy that quiets 'em up fast!