Thursday, September 6, 2007

Okay - So my beloved sil linked my fledgling blog as one of her favorites. So now I have to write something interesting and entertaining for you, Vanessa, who will probably be my only reader/audience!

This week was back to everything week. Back to school, back to gymnastics, back to ballet school... That would be enough if it were for one kid, but it's now times two. I'm also dragging along my precious baby who is not appreciating the multiple car rides one bit.
That's not to say anything or even complain. This is a stream on consciousness thing - isn't that what blogs are all about?

There's so much to say about today, but I am so physically exhausted from 6 round trips across the valley. I just wanted to mention a bon mot from Celeste:

It was about 12:30 pm. We were driving back to school, just Celeste, Brooke and I from a doctor appointment, (I needed proof of immunizations, or they wouldn't let in the school after Friday!) and I need to grab a quick bite for my little girl. I ordered chicken nuggets from the mcD drive through - a happy meal. At the pay window, I couldn't find my debit card and had to drive over to the side. I couldn't find it and still can't find it.

All I had was a couple of dollars in cash so I went back and ordered a cheeseburger. Celeste shouts out from the back"no cheese!". So I said, "a cheeseburger with no cheese, please." I wasn't joking. What else can you buy with a couple of dollars? I was desperate. Later Celeste is eating her cheeseburger with no cheese in the backseat and is enjoying it immensely. She's never had a mcD's any kind of burger before. She is delighted that there is a pickle in the middle. And here's one of the cutest things she has said up to date (right up there with "why did they name a van after Minnie Mouse?") : "Wow this cheeseburger is great with no cheese! They even replaced the cheese with a pickle! That's a nice touch~!"

I can't forget these things. Blogs are pretty cool.

No comments: