Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Breakfast is not just for Champions

Yesterday, my buddy Christa gave me a phone call. It went something like this:

Me: Hello?

Christa: Hi! How are you?

Me: Good!

Background: little kid, presumably Colin, talking to his mama about something. I can't tell what.

Christa to Colin: Just go. You're a big boy now. You can go by yourself.

Christa to me: He's potty trained now! But he wants me to help him go poop. I'll call you right back.

Me: Okay. I'll be here!

several minutes later...

Christa: Hi! It's me again! I just threw some Cocoa Puffs in the potty and he went poop on top of them.

Me (not sure I heard right and visualizing little brown cornballs floating in the commode): Did you just say you threw cereal into the toilet?

Christa: Yeah. I got the tip from one of the teachers at pre-school. I called them asking for help. Colin used to have a hard time going Number Two on his own. They told me to throw some Cheerios into the pot. Now he goes in seconds. It's fun for kids I guess. They like to poop on top of cereal!

Me (musing over Christa's wise choice of Cocoa Puffs and thinking that I need to potty train Brooke in a few weeks and not sure if it will work for girls, but definitely planning on giving it a go):
Cool! Thanks for the tip!

2 comments:

Vanessa and Company said...

That is too funny! I too, like the choice of the Cocoa Puffs over the Cheerios. More realistic!

Unknown said...

That's awesome, Monica! You might try Lucky Charms for Brooke. They're more colorful.