Sunday, August 17, 2008

Uncle Lorenzo's phone

So Mom tells me that she gets a phone call from the Ontario, CA area code.
"Hello?" she says.

"Hello? Is this Gloria?" a man queries.

"Yes, this is Gloria." answers my mom.

"I have your phone ma'am." the man informs her."I found your number here and speed dialed you from it."

"I'm pretty sure you have my brother's phone. I'll call him and tell him you found it."

Me interrupting the story:

"Mom, how could you call Uncle Lorenzo when that man has his phone?" I am laughing at my silly mom.

Mom: "He has a land line Monica. I called him there. I'm sure. Do you really think I called Lorenzo's cell phone number to tell him his cell phone is lost?"

scenario:

Mom dialing Uncle Lorenzo's cell: "Hello Lorenzo?"

Man with lost phone: "Hello? I'm the one who found his phone. I'm still here!"

I guess Mom had me there.

No comments: