Sunday, August 17, 2008

Brooke's Dishwasher

I just wanted to put this in as a followup to Brooke's printer, because I don't want to forget...

Brooke loves the dishwasher. Her superhuman hearing is as alert to the sound of an opening dishwasher as it is the the printer printing.

She has figured out to open it whether it is locked or not. Most of the time, she leaves it alone, but when I need to load or unload, she is right there.

She likes to stand on the door and bounce. After I pull of her off the door about 5 times, she moves on to her next favorite task: Pulling out the clean silverware and handing it to me. (I have to load dirty dishes when she's asleep). The silverware drawer is right next to the dishwasher. She hands me the forks, spoons and butter knives one at a time. Each time I say "thank you", and each time she says "thank you" in response.

Lately she has moved on to dishes. She's pretty good at it. Lucky me. She'll even get a dishrag and scrub surfaces for me. I think she's a clean freak.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Clean freak!! YEAHHHHHHHH MY kind of girl!!!

Kell E Photography and Lil Belle Bowtique said...

Oh my Goodness! My little J.C does the same thing! How cute!