Friday, December 18, 2009

You would think that after having 3 little girls, I would have my mothering instincts filled and overflowing. But after having Colin and Timmy over the other day, I find that there's room for more. When Colin called me Mommy, my heart skipped a beat. And when Timmy would crawl over to me, sit, and raise his arms for me to pick him up, my heart skipped another beat. My favorite moment of the day was cradling Timmy he drank his apple juice. He was completely relaxed and just melted in the crook of my elbow. I could have sat with him for hours.
No way do I want more children to raise, but it's nice to know that I don't feel like "I've been there and done that". I've been lucky to be a stay at home mom. I don't feel that my kids are growing too quickly, and I don't wonder where the time has gone. I get my fill of motherhood pretty much by 6pm, and that's okay. There is something to being sated rather than yearning. I know what that's like too.

No comments: