Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Newborn Baby Brooke

I think it was a few days after we had brought her home from the hospital. Her fingernails were already growing out so quickly. They were, as all newborn fingernails are, razor sharp.

I pulled out some clippers from one of my baby kits to trim her tiny fingernails. She must have been at the most, one week old. She was relaxed until I hit the quick of one of her fingers. Oh! It must have hurt because she howled so.

Really wanting to get the job done, I tried to finish after she calmed down. She wouldn't let me. She kept pulling her little hand away with more strength than you would believe a newborn would have.

All I had left to trim was her thumbnail. I gently took hold of her little hand. She balled it into a fist. I opened up her fist and then, quick as a wink, she popped her thumb into her mouth.

First Battle of Wits - Brooke versus Mommy:
Brooke 1 - Mommy 0

No comments: